Saturday, August 21, 2010

Fruit Flies

I hate fruit flies. Well, at least when they're in my kitchen terrorizing my fresh fruit.

I have heard many a story about how best to get rid of said fruit fly problems. Since I currently have a bit of spare time, I thought I'd test them out.

I hear that vinegar will lure flies and drown them.
I also have heard that red wine will drown flies.
But then there's always the saying that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

So that's the plan. Test each of these three substances. Vinegar (balsamic), red wine, and honey.

The fourth cup just has water. As a "control" of course.

So far, the tally is:
Balsalmic - 2 lured, 0 drowned
Red wine - 4 lured, 0 drowned
Honey - 0 lured, 0 drowned
Water - 0 lured, 0 drowned

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment