Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Birds Birds Birds Birds Birds Birds Birds Birds Birds Birds Birds

Some days, no matter how hard I try, all I can think about are birds.

This morning I woke up at 5AM to go birding. I spent four hours out and about (or oot and aboot as my marine bio prof would say - which, as a completely off-topic sidenote, can be easily confused with oot in a boot, which is a topic that comes up often in our marine biology conversations, as boats are integral parts of marine bio... Ok, that was a lengthy parenthetical... back to birds!). This particular morning, I brought along my nifty high-speed video camera with 20x optical zoom and had a TON of fun...



I have some really really really great, beautiful, pretty much perfect videos of flight, but I'm saving those to publish. Sorry! If you absolutely HAVE to see these amazing vids before I publish them, you should come to the Student Research Symposium on September 9th on the 2nd floor of Harned! I'll be showing a couple of them there!!! Get excited. 'Cuz I am.

1 comment:

  1. The beginning of this video makes you look like you're stalking the poor thing and going to kill it! I just want to plan some shitty horror music in the background!

    ReplyDelete